UK BURGLARY STATISTICS
Experiencing a burglary can be a dreadful experience for a home owner and the ease of entry can be very alarming. In 72% of cases a burglar will enter through a door and 15% of those will get in because the door has simply been left unlocked. With this in mind, we've put together this information showing UK burglary statistics based on government findings.
42% OF CASES, ITEMS STOLEN FROM HOUSEHOLDS TOTAL £1,000 OR MORE.
72% OF CASES, THE BURGLAR WILL ENTER THROUGH A DOOR.
87% OF BURGLARIES THE VICTIM WAS EMOTIONALLY EFFECTED.
WE DETAIL A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR HOME:
- Use a safe for your valuables;
- Install security lighting to deter burglars and make darker areas more visible at night;
- Make sure you have window locks and that you remember to lock them at night and when you go out;
- Install a burglar alarm;
- Make sure you have British Standard locks on your doors;
- Install CCTV cameras;
- Security Grilles can add an extra layer of protection for windows and doors;
- Additional door bolts add to your existing door security;
- Extra locks can help to secure your garage and outbuildings;
- Padlocks offer a quick solution for gates and sheds;
- Lock away tools, garden furniture and toys rather than leaving them out in your garden.